The Richey Historical Museum opened October, 1973. The purpose of our Museum is to preserve articles of early homestead days. Our Museum complex has six buildings: (1) the main museum; (2) the Lisk Creek School (1914), the first school in the area which later served as the Catholic Church for 40 years; (3) a homestead shack; (4) a small building where artifacts from the first store and the butcher shop are displayed; (5) the Old Richey Jail (1916); (6) the old First National Bank that was in service between 1916 and 1928 and was later used as a post office for 34 years.
Our museum has over 7,000 articles of historical interest. Among them are a Model A mail car, a real blacksmith shop, a pioneer kitchen, school and church memorabilia from 5 area churches, ranch and farm items, Richey Herald and Richey Pilot newspaper files from 1916-1948, and post office records from Richey, Axtell, Sullivan and Paxton Post Offices.
Richey Historical Museum is located on Main Street in Richey. Richey is 45 miles from Glendive Highway 254 or 45 miles from Sidney along State Highway 200. Circle is 30 miles along the same highway.Richey Historical Museum is located on Main Street in Richey. Richey is 45 miles from Glendive Highway 254 or 45 miles from Sidney along State Highway 200. Circle is 30 miles along the same highway.
122 South Main Street